The Ancel V6 is just the perfect tool, with excellent features, that will help you conduct some basic repairs and budget your maintenance expenses. There’s so much it can do, and a favorite in most repair shops. In this review, we’ll explore the features of this gadget and why this tool should be in your toolbox.
OverviewThe Ancel V6 Pro and Pro+ are the same, only that the Pro+ is an improved version. The Bluetooth VCI box is the only upgrade on the Pro+. The rest of the features are all the same. The tool is excellent and can be used not more than 10 meters away from your car through Bluetooth technology.
The bidirectional scan is a tablet-style diagnostic tool for professionals and vehicle owners who wants to DIY. The product can help you find and fix the issues in your car without having to go under the vehicle or open the hood. What’s more, it’s appealing and versatile. And it’s incredibly usable and interesting to use.
The V6 Pro+ is an extremely powerful device that sends commands to your vehicle's module and completes specific tests and functions. It can perform cooling fan, fuel injector, window, door lock, light, and headlamp tests, among others. It also saves you time and money replacing or cloning your car keys.
The Ancel V6 Pro/Pro+ ODB2 scan is compatible with many vehicle models and makes manufactured in 1996 and after. It covers over 10,000 vehicle models, and your car is highly likely on that list. Over 78 car brands from Europe, Asia, and America are compatible with the Ancel V6 Pro. Besides that, the device gets frequent software updates, making it more capable and well-equipped to deal with the newer models.
Vehicles manufactured in 1995 or earlier are OBD1 compatible and don’t support the V6. The scanner is only available and compatible with ODB2 vehicles only. There’s not much difference between the ODB1 and ODB2 except for the Bluetooth feature in the latter. The readings and functions are the same. However, Ancel V6 is quite a fast scanner – it works like a rocket. No ODB1 or ODB2 scanner can be as fast.
The Ancel V6 can be quite a costly scanner, especially if you are unsure whether it’s compatible with your car. You should check some customer reviews. You can also check Ancel’s website and find the complete list of all vehicles compatible with the device.
Features of the Ancel V6 Pro/Pro+What makes Ancel V6 a simple scanner to use is its incredible features. It’s sturdy and responsive. It’s just like an android tablet in your hands, only that it performs more complex roles than an average smartphone. Here are some of the features worth looking out for.
- Runs on Android 10: The V6 Pro+ was released in August 2022 and runs on the stable Android 10 operating system, which is simple and fast. Any beginner that has used an android device before can use the scanner.
- Bluetooth 5.0: Built-in Bluetooth 5.0, the latest Bluetooth firmware, comes with upgraded functions like improved connectivity.
- 8000mAh Battery: Such a massive rechargeable lithium battery helps the tablet run for longer.
- Massive Internal Storage: The ROM of this device is large enough to store all vehicle detection information. You can access the vehicle inspection report with just a few taps and use the data to analyze your car.
- 8” Screen: Ancel is aware that the scanner can fall while you are working in the repair shop. Not only does it have an extra-tough cover, but it also has a durable and scratch-free touch screen.
- 2-Year Free OTA Updates: You get constant updates, bug fixes, functionality, and a new vehicle support list whenever available. After the free update period runs out, you can still use the device as it is.
FunctionalityThere are a lot of functions the Ancel V6 can perform. We are going to discuss them below.
ABS System ServiceThe diagnostic device can check your Anti Lock Braking System. It can detect whether your ABS needs bleeding for a firm brake pad. It can also read error codes originating from ABS. The device helps with brake fluid control. It makes ABS issues easy to find and cheaper and faster to repair.
Oil Reset and Engine Warnings ServiceThe V6 can perform resets of the Oil Life system, turn off the engine warning light and calculate the oil change intervals.
Tire Pressure Monitor ServiceThe Ancel V6 can monitor tire pressure, sense a puncture, and it’s able to reset the warning light for the pressure sensor.
Electronic Parking Brake ServiceIt assists with deactivating and activating the brake control system, maintaining it, helps with fluid control, and setting brakes.
Steering Angle Sensor ServiceThe V6 can read and help calibrate the Steering Angle Sensor (SAS). It will help clear the sensor fault memory.
Injector CodingLeaking and dead injectors might fail to show even if you disable the injector. The tool will help bring those problems to light.
IMMO Anti-Theft Alarm Service
The Ancel V6 Pro/Pro+ can reset your vehicle's alarm system. The system also allows you to reset the key if the previous keys have been stolen or lost.
- Diagnoses the brake system: If you notice unusual noise whenever you push the brake pedal or unresponsiveness, the V6 will be able to detect the root cause of that problem.
- Diagnoses the fuel system: If the “Check Engine” light is illuminated and the vehicle won’t start, the tool will help detect the problems.
- Diagnoses the light system: If you notice dimming or blinking lights, there could be a problem with your light system, which the V6 can detect.
- Diagnoses the wiper system: A chattering wiper can be annoying. The wiper might also fail to work when you need it the most and cause poor vision, which might lead to an accident. This tool will help resolve that.
- Diagnose the transmission system: The transmission system is crucial to your car’s performance. The tool will help you determine what could make your vehicle difficult to shift.
- Diagnose the emission system: The tool will detect whether the harmful gases emitted from your car’s exhaust are due to age or low-quality gas.